Geotechnical Soil Testing Laboratory
- Moisture Content
- Atterberg Limits (Liquid and Plastic Limits) & Shrinkability
- Particle Size Distribution (Wet & Dry Sieves, Hydrometer Tests)
- Bulk Density
Shear Strength Testing - Undrained & drained (functional) triaxial tests - set of three 38mm diameter, single or multi-stage 100mm diameter.
Oedometer Consolidation Tests
- BS 2.5kg & 4.5kg Compactions
- California Bearing Ratio (CBR) for road & pavement design
- pH in soil and groundwater
- Water soluble Sulphate contents of samples of soil and groundwater
- Organic Matter Content
Environmental Soil and Groundwater Testing
Our geochemical or contamination and waste acceptance criteria (WAC) testing is submitted to external UKAS accredited labs. We routinely carry out a full suite of inorganic and organic tests including TPH, PAH and heavy metals on soil and groundwater samples. We maintain good working relationships with a number of specialist testing houses across the UK which allows us to offer a broad range of tests and competitive pricing. The test results are normally issued within 7 to 10 working days.